Denon & Marantz have a workaround for their 8K Receivers that couldn’t pass through 8K. But it’s a huge missed opportunity, in our opinion. And we tackle the confusion surrounding the brands ToneWinner, Emotiva, and Jade Designs.
00:00:00 – Intro & Listeners of the Week
Our Listeners of the Week are our 123 Patreon Patrons, as well as Manny for talking us up to Silver Ticket. We also want to thank Tom H., Andy, and Maggie for the notes of gratitude for keeping the podcast going, and bringing a smile this week. Thank you to everyone for continuing to listen!
Pictures shown in this episode:
00:09:24 – In the news:
– Sound United announced the SPK618 HDMI 2.1 Adapter to fix the 8K and 4K/120 issues with their 2020 Denon & Marantz Receivers: https://avgadgets.com/denon-marantz-hdmi-2-1-solution-spk618-adapter-free/
– There’s a Sound United Training video to demonstrate: https://youtu.be/qJ1qLOkfRsE
– Yamaha says they’re still investigating their HDMI 2.1 models: https://is.gd/Ky0L24
– Via Karl – Apple and Amazon are facing lawsuits over Apple TV and Prime Video “purchases”: https://is.gd/ZC6CW6
– Via Karl – Locast will have to face the broadcast TV networks in court over using the internet to rebroadcast local TV stations: https://is.gd/VkVEpr
00:26:00 – Comments:
– Jay recommends Willy’s Wonderland: https://is.gd/Kcx5Ut
– Infinite Gary shares news about an upcoming 3-disc set of test patterns with helpful instructions from: http://spearsandmunsil.com/
00:29:48 – Apple TV Color Balance Results
– CNET’s David Katmaier posted his finding from testing the Apple TV 4K’s new Color Balance feature: https://is.gd/y3vwUg