There’s finally a way to have more than one HDMI 2.1 input on Denon & Marantz Receivers. SVS looks to enter a whole new subwoofer category. And Amazon is going to push a lot of mediocre TVs.
Pictures shown in this episode:https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWENaHX
00:00:00 – Intro & Listeners of the Week
Our Listeners of the Week are Mike and Jonathan for their PayPal donations, plus our 133 Patreon Patrons, including Rafael and Bertrand, as well as Infinite Gary for sending us a Digital Copy code.
We also want to thank Dave, Dazz, Jonathan, Rafael, Fred, and Bertrand for sending us notes of gratitude for keeping the podcast going. Thank you to everyone for continuing to listen!
In the news:
00:04:29 – News: Denon & Marantz HDMI 2.1 switch
The Denon AVS-3 & Marantz VS3003 are 3-in, 1-out HDMI 2.1 switches to expand the single 8K input on their 2020 AV Receiver and Pre-Pro models.
– FAQ: https://is.gd/Rh5dLb
– AVR Control Setup: https://is.gd/qz5nYP
– Audioholics: New Audyssey Update info: https://youtu.be/jFTBnPMySYc?t=2191
00:15:51 – News: SVS 3000 in-wall subwoofer
Via Clara – SVS won a CEDIA award for their first in-wall subwoofer, which appears to be based on the 3000 Micro.
00:25:06 – Comments:
– Jason mentions Elac’s Outlet Store: https://is.gd/g3XTmZ
– Nathan reminds us that UPS Battery Backups only spec 3-5 year lifespans for their replaceable batteries.