Rob is WRONG. Apple TV 4K CAN output Atmos Music from Apple Music via HDMI. That information was clarified shortly after we recorded this episode: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212182 . So when we get to J.R.’s questions about an hour and 20 minutes in, you can marvel at just how wrong Rob’s answer was!
00:00:00 – Intro & Listeners of the Week
Our Listeners of the Week are Jack, Lance, and a different Jack for their PayPal donations, plus our 124 Patreon Patrons, including Daniel, Jack & Andrew, as well as Gurinder who is hopefully getting his JVC projector noises sorted.
We also want to thank Jack & Andrew for giving Tom permission to use their photos on https://avgadgets.com/
And we appreciate the notes of gratitude for keeping the podcast going from Daniel, Jack, Jay, Alber, Shannon, Stephen, Andrew & Mike. Thank you to everyone for continuing to listen!
Pictures shown in this episode:
00:11:50 – In the news:
– Voxx International, the parent company of Klipsch, has agreed to buy Onkyo: https://is.gd/rU2pfJ
– Via Karl – Alamo Drafthouse Theaters has emerged from Chapter 11, and has plans to expand: https://is.gd/H51bi2
– Via Karl – AMC Theatres might acquire ArcLight Cinemas, including the Cinerama Dome: https://is.gd/ZfZRaU
– Via Mike – Plex can bitstream lossless audio from the Xbox’ Plex app after a pending Xbox update.
00:20:44 – Comments:
– Andrew B. shares his “Synthesis on the cheap” theater build results.
– Lance M. got unexpectedly good results after sealing his cylinder subs.