AV Rant #685: Interview with Alan Hutchinson from HTMarket
Today we have an interview with Alan Hutchinson, the owner of HTMarket:
We hear about the origins of HTMarket and Alan’s love of home theater (including the details of his personal home theater today). Then we deep dive into HTMarket’s HT Design Quick Ship Home Theater Seating:
how HT Design Seating began, and where it’s manufactured;
how they manage to offer their seats at such competitive prices, and why other brands can’t;
how the model lineup came to be, and where the names came from;
what configurations, controls, features, and accessories are available;
installation, finding the right fit, and figuring out how many seats you can fit in your room;
viewing distance and considering acoustics;
seating risers and seating height;
warranty and ongoing customer support;
identifying value and caring for the longevity of your seating.
And then we spend the last few minutes discussing the many, many other products offered at HTMarket, mentioning: lighting, carpet, poster frames, motorized curtain rods, drapes, and star field ceilings.
This interview is packed full of useful information, and will hopefully spark some ideas that you might not have even considered. Enjoy!
– HTMarket online: https://www.htmarket.com/
– HTMarket on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/hometheatertv
– HT Design Home Theater Seating on AVS Forum: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/1749226-ht-design-theater-seating.html
– Carlton Bale’s Home Theater Calculator (including seating riser height): https://carltonbale.com/home-theater/home-theater-calculator/
– HTMarket on Twitter: https://twitter.com/htmarket
– HTMarket on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/htmarket
– Alan’s email: AHutch at HTMarket dot comThanks for listening. Check out our Facebook Page. Click here for our YouTube channel where you can see the recordings of our show videos. Download Tom’s FREE superhero-themed ebook Bob Moore: No Hero wherever ebooks are sold (or given away in this case). Visit Tom's website for download links as well as links for the two full-length followups - Bob Moore: Desperate Times and Bob Moore: Hostile Territory. Lastly, if you live in the Tampa Bay area and are interested in a mobile climbing wall, check out Fearless Mobile Climbing and meet Tom in person!