AV Rant #456: Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Review
This week we thank Tim, Pieter, Joseph, and Troy for their donations and Jefferson and Scott for supporting the podcast. Tom reviews the Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 and, overall, he likes it! In the news, Monoprice releases their Premium Audio line (Tom is getting some tubes to review) and Rob finds out (via listener Greg) that Plex is going to get 4k (LINK). We get some comments from Jackson, Darin Fong, and Ronn. Ash is looking for a fix for his acoustical problems (LINK to GiK) and he needs a way to use both his integrated amp and surround processor at the same time, Troy is wondering if he should reorient his home theater, and Infinite Gary has a question about Atmos mixes and wonders if making a speaker in-house makes it better. Steve is looking for soundbars to sell to his customers (Revel, GoldenEar, KEF, Paradigm), John is thinking of upgrading his amp, and Karl is looking for lists of DTS:X releases (LINK, LINK, LINK, LINK, and LINK), needs a new screen (LINK, LINK, and LINK), wants our opinions on “An Open Letter to Apple’s Tim Cook Regarding HD Music” (LINK), and wants to know what other Home Theater podcasts we (Rob) listen to?
- DigiGods: http://digigods.libsyn.com/
- AV Week from AV Nation: http://www.avnation.tv/category/avnation-shows/avweek/
- Remotely Girly: http://www.remotelygirly.com/
- Entertainment 2.0, Home: On & thEndUsr – all from The Digital Media Zone: http://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/
- HDTV & Home Theater Podcast by the HT Guys: http://www.htguys.com/
- MVP – Ryan Block and Peter Rojas: http://mvptheshow.com/
- AV Forums Podcast: https://www.avforums.com/tag/avforums-podcast
- Home Theater Geeks from Twit.tv: https://twit.tv/shows/home-theater-geeks
- We Watch Movies: http://www.wewatchmoviespodcast.com/
Jim is having a problem when shifting from 2D to 3D (LINK), Diego wants headphones for his dad (Senneiser Wireless, Oppo, PSB, Sony, Audio Technica, and Sennheiser Open Back Option 1 and Option 2), and Kyle got ripped off by a Canadian and needs our help. David is wonder if Chane speakers are any good (LINK), Pieter is curious about drapes and HDR projectors, and Bobby is confused by UPS’s for his projector (APC LINK and LINK). Bill the Stumper is now on the market for a new streaming box (Nvidia), while Kevin is wondering why he can’t use “A” weighting when level matching subs. Thanks for listening. Check out our Facebook Page. Click here for our YouTube channel where you can see the recordings of our show videos. Download Tom’s FREE superhero-themed ebook Bob Moore: No Hero wherever ebooks are sold (or given away in this case). Visit Tom's website for download links as well as links for the two full-length followups - Bob Moore: Desperate Times and Bob Moore: Hostile Territory. Check out AVGadgets.com where Tom is the new Editor-in-Chief!