AVRant Listeners are really excited about our big Podcast Crossover Event! Ara & Braden, the HT Guys from the HDTV & Home Theater Podcast, DJ from the Bright Side Home Theater Podcast, and Lee, Tom & Rob from AVRant will all be getting together to record a special episode for Thanksgiving! And the response has been amazing. So thank you all so much for your support!
Our Listeners of the Week are Brandon C. for his PayPal donation, and our 123 Patreon Patrons, including Kevin. We also want to thank Kevin, Dazz, Mark, Dan, Jack, Zakir, Nathan & Jason for their notes of gratitude for keeping the podcast going. We really appreciate it. And thank you to everyone for continuing to listen!
Pictures shown in this episode:
In the news:
– 0:13:27 HDMI 2.1 problems have been reported for Denon/Marantz & Yamaha AV Receivers: https://is.gd/lCu8Qe
– Sony & LG also ran into 4K/120 VRR and Dolby Vision HDMI 2.1 problems, but have implemented settings workarounds: https://youtu.be/f5VHGEcFX5Q & https://youtu.be/EhnSgwsxlBI
– 0:18:16 AVRant Listener Nathan asks why the HDMI Forum even exists if such problems still happen, and whether HDFury might fix them.
– MiniDSP introduced the $195 UMIK-2: https://is.gd/pGfpBW
– And $550 – $750 UMIK-X: https://is.gd/inrL9l
– UMIK-X includes REW Pro: https://is.gd/LKQ6Ax
– Will Cross-Spectrum Labs calibrate these new models? https://cross-spectrum.com/
– Quibi is dead: https://is.gd/Y6yT9i
– Dazz shares updates on his Ascend CMT-340SE replacement tweeters, music listening levels, and his wife’s speaker preferences.
– R.D. recommends the Channels App and Channels Plus DVR: https://getchannels.com/
– 0:30:05 Bob tells his tale of woe trying to get his LG OLED power board replacement.Read more…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts |