0:05:05 We have a Podcast crossover event coming up! That’s right, Ara & Braden, the HT Guys from the HDTV & Home Theater Podcast, DJ from the Bright Side Home Theater Podcast, and Lee, Tom & Rob from AVRant will all be getting together to record a special episode for Thanksgiving!
And we want a question to answer! So if you’ve ever had a question in mind that you wanted answered by six podcast hosts all at once, now’s your chance! Send it to our email: Question at AVRant dot com.
Our Listeners of the Week are our 123 Patreon Patrons, as well as Steve G. for confirming on Twitter that the upcoming Ultra HD Blu-ray release of The Hobbit trilogy will be in 24 fps only, no high frame rate. We also want to thank David, John, and Aaron for sending in notes of gratitude to us for keeping the podcast going. Thank you to everyone for continuing to listen!
Pictures shown in this episode:
In the news:
– Sony released a firmware update for their “Ready for PlayStation 5” TVs. It adds 4K/120 and eARC, but VRR and ALLM are still missing, and will require yet another firmware update in the near future: https://is.gd/VEvzC4
– Sound United completed their acquisition of Bowers & Wilkins: https://is.gd/ABJ8eP
– LG’s 65″ RX rollable OLED (“Roll-LED”?) can now be purchased…for $87,000: https://is.gd/xyYfeU
– Via Karl – Alamo Drafthouse will convert the lobby of their South Lamar location in Texas into a Video Vortex rental location in order to preserve the rare VHS & DVD collections of Vulcan Video & I Luv Video, which are closing: https://is.gd/rt6Yq9
– Some Disney+ content now has a 12-second, unskippable warning with a link to Disney’s Stories Matter website: https://is.gd/bwQPVS
– DJ was told by SVS that their current amplifiers do not have replaceable fuses in them.Read more…