UPCOMING INTERVIEW: We’ll be talking with Alan Hutchinson, the owner of HTMarket.com on Feb. 19. Our focus will be their HT Design Home Theater Seating, but feel free to ask anything HTMarket-related.
Our Listeners of the Week are Ezekiel for his donation, our 106 Patreon Patrons, including Dan, as well as Victor D. for talking us up to Blue Jeans Cable, and Andrew L. for telling Denon, NVidia, LG, and SVS that he has a “home theater by AV Rant.”
Pictures shown in this episode:
In the news:
– Check out https://joeyesposito.com/ for awesome independent comics and merch by Joey Esposito who first brought to our attention that…
– Netflix added the option to turn off auto-play previews and next episodes: https://is.gd/eEVieT
– Netflix is switching to the AV1 codec on Android mobile devices: https://is.gd/uVgXOy
– Disney will make Hulu available outside the USA in 2021: https://is.gd/36rhlk
– ViacomCBS wants to combine its TV and movie divisions into a single streaming service: https://is.gd/XvMTvq
– Carl and Brian let us know that “Suspiria” and “Carnival Row” both offer Atmos audio on Amazon Prime Video.
John P. thinks the Emotiva Airmotiv A1 AirSpace upward-firing Atmos-Enabled Modules are worth a try: https://is.gd/djRQHi
– Dan describes hiring a professional ISF/THX calibrator as an educational experience, in addition to improving his picture quality.
– Damien D. turned a box spring into a seating riser.Read more…